Our Flower and Garden Getaway – Day Three!

At long last, the day we’ve been waiting for has arrived!  I have a lot to cover here, so this may get broken down into a couple different parts.  We’ll see how it goes!

Day Three!  Sunday, April 3rd ~

Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival!!

This was technically the second time we’ve been down during this time, but it really felt more like the first.  Our first time was the first trip with the kids and it was just ending so we didn’t really get to experience much.

We started our day with the usual in-room breakfast and got out to the bus stop around 10am.  It was a beautiful but chilly morning, so we decided to wear our jackets until it warmed up a little.  I was just glad it wasn’t raining!


We had a fastpass for Spaceship Earth, so we went on that first thing.  Afterward, we decided to get some Starbucks and a snack, followed immediately by a stop at one of my favorite places at Epcot, Club Cool!  No trip is ever complete with out a taste of the Beverly.  For those of you not familiar with it, give it a try!  I really like it. 😉


Afterward we decided to go in the standby line for Test Track.  It was only about a 30 minute wait, which wasn’t too bad.  I absolutely love this ride!  Nothing beats that rush you get when you speed up and hit that hard turn at the end!!

When we were done there, it was getting close to lunch time, so we started to make our way over to World Showcase.  We decided to check out the butterfly exhibit first though since it was right there.  So pretty!!  And that is a real butterfly on the sign:




We also stopped at the merchandise kiosk that was nearby to pick up some Flower and Garden items.  I picked up an ornament for the Twitter giveaway I did, as well as ones for me and the rest of my family.  My daughter and I also bought some pins since we are addicted to collecting them!


We then headed over towards Canada to start making our way around to all the different food kiosks.  I love sampling different things, so I was really looking forward to this!  The kids however, not so much.  We got them their standard chicken nuggets and fries from the Refreshment Port before deciding what we wanted to try first.

I wasn’t terribly hungry just yet, so I just opted for a Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade from the Pineapple Promenade.  It was good, but I didn’t think it tasted all that different from regular frozen lemonade.  But, it was cool that it was purple. 🙂

It was starting to get pretty warm at this point, so we decided to take our jackets off.  It was then that I realized I never even thought about putting on sunscreen.  Whoops!  At least we had hats on to keep it off our faces, which helped…a little.  We still wound up getting a bit of sunburn though.

We went around taking pictures of all the different topiaries.  They were all so well done!





 We then stopped at the Hanami booth for one of the items I was looking forward to most, the Frushi!  Wow, that was really good!  Nice and light, and the raspberry sauce and whipped cream complemented it perfectly.  Yum!


It was getting close to the time of our next Fast Pass, which was for the Character Spot.  We were at Norway at this point, so we just made our way out of World Showcase to head back over to Future World.

My daughter had done the Easter egg hunt around World Showcase, which cost around $6 and got you a cute little map with egg stickers that you had to match up correctly to each country.  So, on the way out we stopped to pick up the little prize for completing the map.  It turned out to be little plastic eggs of Disney characters that you could choose from.  She decided on Cheshire Cat.  I thought there would be a little prize inside, but nope!  Turns out just the egg itself was the prize.  Good one, Disney.  Silly me to think there might be a little more to it than that, lol.  Oh well, it was still a fun activity.



After that we thought we would check out my childhood favorite, Figment!  However, they had it shut down, so that was a bust.  Bummer!  

The kids were starting to get a little restless at this point and wanted to go for a swim, so we decided to head back to the resort for a late afternoon break.  This actually worked out great because I had been wondering when I would have time to pack up our room before our early morning Magical Express pick up (boo, hiss).  So, I worked on that while my husband took them over to the quiet pool in our section.

Around 7:00 we made our way back over to Epcot for round two.  Since we didn’t have all that much time left, we went straight to World Showcase.  I had Fastpasses for Illuminations, so the plan was to work our way around for half of the time and then turn around and go back to the FP area.  But you know what they say, the best laid plans of mice and men…

We made it to America because we really wanted to try some items from the Smokehouse.  By that point though it was already after 8:00, which meant we only had about 40 minutes or so to eat and get back to the other side.  We made the executive decision to forgo our FP’s so we could take our time and enjoy ourselves.  I really hate rushing around the parks.

So, we sat and ate at the tables outside until it was time for Illuminations to start.  We decided to see what the view would be like right by the stage area, and it was actually very good!  There were some things that were blocked, but the view of the globe was excellent, and you could see the fireworks really well, too.  I would have liked to tried the FP view once, but I was happy with how it turned out.  I’d definitely consider that viewpoint again.

But honestly the best part was being able to take our time walking out of the park.  We don’t rush to get to the crowded buses.  No thank you.  It’s far more enjoyable to take your time and admire the scenery while the rest of the crowd clears out.  I highly recommend this approach!  I also got some amazing shots of the topiaries with no one else around.  Can’t beat that.





Our walk back to Future World certainly was an eventful one.  As we got to the United Kingdom, we saw a group that had obviously had about ten too many.  They were hooting and hollering, with one of them standing on a table.  And the worst part was, one of the girls was leaning way over into one of the bushes and well…I’ll just leave the rest up to your imagination.  Let’s just say I feel really bad for the Cast Members that have to deal with the clean up.  Gross!  I’d always heard reports of this happening, but this was the first time I witnessed it first hand.  Stay classy, people!  So anyway, we made our way out of the park and to our bus stop which was completely empty.  Yes, good call indeed!

This about brings us to the end of our little weekend adventure.  We did go to the hot tub when we got back to the resort, which was the perfect end to our day.  I was glad I had packed everything up earlier in the day, because we had to be at the Magical Express pick-up at 9:30 the next morning.  Wah!

Until next time…see ya real soon!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.